Exercise gets mixed reviews from teens on the best days, and PE often turns what used to be fun at recess into a nightmare in the gym. It doesn’t have to be that way, though, and you don’t need to wait for a teacher with a whistle to get started. Exercise can be more than fun, it’s good for your health.
- Best Outdoor Activities for Staying in Shape – Discover the best activities to help keep you fit while you enjoy the great outdoors.
- Outdoor Exercise Can Boost the Body, Mind, and Mood – Exercise is good for you, but exercising outside may have additional benefits.
- 50 Tips to Take Exercise Outside – Learn how to get the most from outdoor activities, stay healthy, and enjoy your time in the sun.
- 7 Low-Impact Outdoor Activities – Protect your joints and take it easy while getting fit outside.
- 11 Tips for Newbie Runners – New to running? Find answers to popular questions and learn how to safely begin regular running habits.
- 4 Super Helpful Tips for Anyone Who’s Just Started to Run – Discover how to get the most out of running, deal with aches and pains, and more.
- The Difference Between Running, Jogging, and Sprinting – Which of the three is best for your unique fitness goals and situation? Learn which suits you best.
- 20 Best Jogging Tips for Health and Fitness – You don’t have to run to lose weight and reap all the benefits of cardio. Learn how to jog to accomplish your goals.
Exercises to Do at Home
- 13 Simple and Effective Exercises to Do at Your Desk – Busy doing homework? Learn how to exercise and start getting fit without leaving your desk.
- 15 Easy Exercises to Do in Your Living Room – You don’t need a lot of space to get in shape. Turn your living room into a gym with these simple moves.
- No-Equipment Home Workout – You don’t need fancy machines to stay in shape in your own home. Learn how to get fit on any budget.
- How to Squat Properly – Worried you aren’t doing it right? Learn how to squat the right way without a coach or spotter.
- 20 Morning Exercises You Can Do at Home – Going out first thing in the morning can be stressful. These simple exercises bring fitness to your a.m. wherever you are.
- At-Home Strength Workout Plans for All Levels – Want to build muscle and take on the world? Here are some great workouts for anyone looking to build muscle and do more.
- Early Morning Workout – Start the day by getting fighting fit. This simple, no-equipment plan gets you up, moving, and motivated.
- 5 Minute Workout Plan – Designed to maximum benefit in a very short window, this plan pushes you hard, but only for five minutes. It’s easy to practice on the go, while traveling, or between online gaming matches.
- Complete 4-Week Beginner Workout Plan – This plan hits everything: legs, back, arms, glutes, abs, etc. It’s great for newbies who want to get serious about their health with a plan that caters to their level.
Yoga at Home
- 20-Minute Home Workout for Complete Beginners – Get started at home with simple stretches and master basic poses with this guided workout video.
- What Equipment Do I Need for Yoga – What tools do you need to do yoga on your own? Find out what you need to participate in different kinds of stretches.
- Yoga Poses for Beginners – Learn the basics on your own and start working on your flexibility with these simple poses you don’t need a yogi to help with.
- 8 Tips on How to Do Yoga at Home – Find advice on how to practice yoga safely on your own without a guide or studio to help.
Wellness & Mindfulness
- The Role of Mindfulness in a Wellness Program – How does mindfulness help you improve your body and overall wellness? Learn more about the benefits of the practice.
- How to Practice Mindfulness – What does mindfulness mean? How do you practice it? Discover the basics and work on solo practice.
- 13 Different Ways to Practice Mindfulness – Bring mindfulness into your daily habits with these different tips and tricks.
- The Benefits of Applying Mindfulness to Fitness – The best way to get fit is to pair workouts with mindfulness. See what the professionals have to say.
Just for Kids
- Home Workouts for Kids – Everyone can get active and stay in shape. These workout plans get everyone on their feet.
- 12 Home Workouts for Kids and Parents – The best way to achieve your goals is to work together. Parents and kids will all enjoy these workouts at home.
- 25 Exercise Games to Get Kids Moving – Working out doesn’t have to be boring. Plenty of games count as exercise.
- How to Make Exercise Fun for Kids – The best way to do find motivation to do anything is to make it fun, and these tips will help everyone enjoy getting fit.
- Nutrition and Athletic Performance – Discover how and why eating your best is essential to doing your best.
- Nutrition: Tips for Improving Your Health – This article (reviews) some basic tricks for eating and feeling better.
- Plate Power: 10 Tips for Healthy Eating – Sometimes the best answers are the simple ones. Use these tips to make little changes for a big difference.
- Even a Little Exercise Can Improve Heart Health – Learn how much exercise you need to keep your heart in good shape.
- Exercise for Depression – Mental and physical health are linked. Taking a lap around the neighborhood may help manage moodiness and depression.