Making a decision about what supplement to go for is pretty tough, especially since you want the best while cutting out research time. Over time, I’ve had to do a lot of research and can now point out the finer points to help you decide. In this case, Syntha 6 vs ON Gold standard; which should you opt for?
Syntha 6 vs ON Gold Standard General Overview
Optimum Nutrition and BSN are two well-known companies in the protein supplement market. These businesses have carved out a sizable niche thanks to their extensive marketing initiatives, broad appeal, and wide range of product offerings.
While Optimum Nutrition and BSN offer various protein options, this comparison will concentrate on Gold Standard Whey and Syntha 6, two of their most popular products. You can decide which is the best option for your upcoming trip to the supplement store by weighing the advantages and disadvantages of each.
Overview of Syntha 6
SYNTHA-6 Whey Protein Powder is a protein powder supplement designed to aid muscle growth, workout recovery, and general health maintenance. Whey protein concentrate, whey protein isolate, calcium caseinate, micellar casein, milk protein isolate, and egg albumin are some of the six combined protein types.
Additionally, Syntha 6 contains essential amino acids (EAAs) necessary for building muscle because your body cannot do so independently. Each serving of Syntha 6 contains 10 grams of EAAs, which can support muscle growth and repair.
Syntha 6 contains other vital nutrients for health and fitness besides. Among these nutrients are:
- BSN SYNTHA-6 IS RIDICULOUSLY DELICIOUS: We broke through the taste barrier once and for all. Choose...
- BSN PROTEIN MATRIX: 22g of premium protein from whey protein concentrate, whey protein isolate,...
- 10g OF ESSENTIAL AMINO ACIDS: Additional support for your nutrition and fitness goals
Overview of Gold Standard
Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein Powder is a whey protein isolate and concentrate blend intended to help you build muscle, recover from workouts, and maintain overall health. It is one of the most well-liked protein powders and is renowned for its excellent taste and quality.
Gold Standard is made entirely of whey protein, a fast-digesting protein easily absorbed by the body. Since your body needs protein to repair and rebuild muscle tissue after exercise, it is a good choice for post-workout recovery.
It also includes essential amino acids (EAAs). Each product serving contains 10 grams of EAAs, which can support muscle growth and repair. The supplement blend also includes the following:
- Micronized creatine, which the body can absorb more readily than other forms
- Packaging may vary - New look, with the same trusted quality
- Gold standard 100% whey blend – 24 grams blended protein consisting of whey protein isolate, whey...
- Over 5 gram of BCAAs – Help build lean and strong muscles with naturally occurring BCAAs
Comparing Syntha 6 and Gold Standard
Both products are two of the most popular protein supplements. As such, they share certain similarities. However, they equally have their distinctive features. Here’s a brief comparison of both protein supplements:
- Both are whey protein powders that can help you build muscle, recover from workouts, and improve your overall health.
- Both powders can be combined with milk or water and come in various flavors.
- Both powders contain a sizable amount of protein, with Gold Standard providing 24 grams and Syntha 6, 22 grams per serving, respectively.
- The building blocks of muscle, essential amino acids (EAAs), are also present in both powders.
Despite sharing some similarities, certain factors differentiate both products. These factors include:
- Protein source: Syntha 6 is a protein blend that contains whey protein concentrate, whey protein isolate, calcium caseinate, micellar casein, milk protein isolate, and egg albumin. Optimum Nutrition’s product is a combination of whey protein isolate and concentrate.
- Digestion rate: Syntha 6 contains a combination of fast-digesting and slow-digesting proteins, resulting in a sustained release of amino acids into the bloodstream. Optimum Nutrition’s product is a fast-digesting protein ideal for post-workout recovery.
- Calories and fat: Syntha 6 contains more calories than Optimum Nutrition’s product. This is due to more casein, a slow-digesting protein that contains more calories and fat than whey protein.
Major Distinguishing Factor
The major distinguishing factor between these two products is primarily the absorption rate. Since Syntha 6 has both fast and slow-digesting proteins, this ensures a steady supply of amino acids. Gold standard, however, provides only fast-digesting amino acids suitable for recovery post-workout.
The other factor is that the former has significantly more protein bases or constituents.
When to Use Syntha 6
This product is ideal to use if you want a steady flow of amino acids into your bloodstream, following the initial rapid influx. This is because it has both slow and fast-digesting constituents.
In addition, this is an excellent choice if you want a product from a blend of different proteins.
It consists of a protein blend that contains whey protein concentrate, whey protein isolate, calcium caseinate, micellar casein, milk protein isolate, and egg albumin.
When to Use Gold Standard
This product is ideal if you want the rapid flow of amino acids to help with post-workout recovery. Its highly digestible nature allows you to access these amino acids within a short time frame. In addition, this is the option if you want a product made exclusively from whey protein.
It combines whey protein isolate, whey protein concentrate, and whey peptides – three different types of proteins. In addition, this is the product to go for if you want the option with lower calorie and fat content.
Which Is Better?
With its distinctive combination of six different protein types, Syntha 6 leads the pack regarding protein, offering a sustained release of amino acids that support muscle growth. On the other hand, the rapid-digesting whey protein formula in its counterpart has its advantages as a pre and post-workout supplement because it supports muscles quickly and with little digestion time.
Your requirements and preferences determine the best protein powder for you. Syntha 6 may be a good choice if you want a protein powder that is high in protein and provides a sustained release of amino acids. Gold Standard might be a better choice if you’re looking for a more affordable fast-digesting protein powder.
Finally, the best way to determine which protein powder is right for you is to try them and see which one you prefer.
Which Protein Supplement Is Better for Muscle Building?
On Gold Standard and Syntha 6 can both aid in muscle growth. While the former’s rapid-digesting whey can quickly deliver amino acids to muscles, the latter’s protein blend offers a sustained release of amino acids. The best option depends on your preferences and how your body reacts to various protein sources.
Are These Protein Supplements Suitable for Beginners?
Yes, both supplements can be used by beginners. They provide high-quality protein sources to support muscle growth and recovery. For beginners, it’s crucial to begin with smaller servings and gradually increase the amount to gauge their tolerance and ensure it fits their dietary requirements.
Are There Any Potential Side Effects of Using These Protein Supplements?
Some people may experience digestive problems due to unique sensitivities, such as bloating or gas. Beginning with smaller servings and increasing them gradually as tolerated is advised. If you have any particular worries or medical conditions, it is always best to speak with a healthcare provider before beginning a new supplement regimen. Generally, most people can safely take these protein supplements.
Both products are excellent protein supplements, each with particular advantages. Consider your unique goals, preferences, and budgetary limits when choosing. Try both products to see which works best for you to appreciate the advantages fully.
As a meal replacement or for sustained amino acid release, you can use Syntha 6 in the morning and evening. Use the quick-digesting whey protein formula from Gold Standard for pre-workout and post-workout support.