Thousands of pre-workout supplements are available online, and with so many options, it can be challenging to decide which is best. And when it comes to pre-workouts, you need a supplement that will help you squeeze out those extra reps in the gym. Luckily, I have tried many of these products, so I know what to look for.
My team and I will review the Hyde and Mr. Hyde pre-workouts to see which option is better for you.
Hyde vs Mr. Hyde
Hyde and Mr. Hyde are pre-workouts created by the supplement manufacturer Pro Supps. This company prides itself on creating products of superior quality for people who want to take their training seriously and are willing to push their bodies to the limit.
At first glance, both products look very similar, with almost identical packaging and similar names. This can lead to confusion. However, there are some essential differences that we will soon discuss.
Hyde pre-workout claims to promote enhanced athletic performance. This is what most strength athletes are looking for. Other benefits include:
- Increased energy levels
- Improved muscle pumps
- Enhanced stamina
This pre-workout comes in a tub of 30 servings, with four flavors. From experience, each of these flavors was great and mixed well with six to eight ounces of water.
Mr. Hyde makes similar claims, including:
- Intense energy increase
- Improved mental focus
- Better muscle pumps
This pre-workout comes in a 30- or 60-serving tub with four flavor options. It is the more affordable option, particularly the 60 servings, which is incredibly cheap. I find that once mixed, each flavor is fantastic to taste.
What Is the Difference?
The best way to see the differences between the two pre-workouts would be to look at what ingredients each offers.
Ingredients Found in Hyde
This pre-workout contains various vitamins and minerals, including vitamins C, B1, B12, niacin, and zinc. These ingredients offer a range of health benefits.
Alongside these ingredients are the following:
- L-Citrulline has been proven to increase energy production during exercise.
- Beta-alanine causes intense pumps that can increase exercise capacity and help reduce muscle fatigue.
- Creatine Monohydrate offers a range of benefits, including increased energy levels and better muscle recovery.
- N-Acetyl-L-Carnitine helps transport stored fat so that it can be used as energy.
- L-tyrosine is an amino acid shown to improve endurance and muscle strength.
- Caffeine Anhydrous is a stimulant often found in pre-workouts. It is an effective ingredient that offers a quick energy boost.
Ingredients Found in Mr. Hyde
Unlike Hyde, this pre-workout separates its ingredients into blends such as the Strength Matrix, Caffeine Matrix, and Intensity Matrix. Let’s look at what ingredients are in each blend.
This blend contains beta-alanine and creatine, as we have already discussed. Other ingredients include:
- Arginine Silicate Inositol can increase nitric oxide production, increasing muscle pump.
- L-Citrulline L-Aspartic Acid also helps boost nitric oxide production while helping to stimulate protein synthesis.
This particular blend has the following ingredients:
- Choline Bitartrate helps to improve muscle stamina.
- L-theanine increases blood flow, helping to improve nutrient delivery.
- N-acetyl tyrosine is an amino acid that may boost cognition as it can build the neurotransmitters responsible for brain health.
- Gamma-aminobutyric Acid helps to maintain blood glucose levels and may help increase the production of growth hormones.
Finally, we have this blend, which should be known as the caffeine matrix. Apart from caffeine, which we have already discussed, its ingredients include:
- Di-Caffeine Malate can improve both energy and focus.
- Theacrine works similarly to caffeine, helping to boost energy and performance levels while reducing fatigue.
What Can You Expect?
Once you consume either pre-workout, approximately 30-45 minutes before working out, you will soon start to feel its effects due to the beta-alanine found in both supplements. This particular ingredient can cause a tingling sensation in some individuals. This tingling will usually last less than an hour and will subside on its own.
Another effect you should experience will be increased energy levels while working out. Both pre-workouts contain a healthy amount of caffeine, providing an almost instant energy boost. You should be aware that caffeine is a stimulant that can cause side effects that include:
- Rapid heartbeat
This is why sticking to the recommended pre-workout dosage is advisable to avoid these potential issues. The extra energy and reduced fatigue will help you exercise at a higher intensity. Allowing you to lift more reps than usual and should allow you to hit those PRs.
Which Is Right for You?
Choosing between the two can be difficult; however, Hyde would be the best option. It contains a higher dosage of ingredients shown to increase energy and focus, which is the reason why you want to use a pre-workout in the first place.
However, if you are new to pre-workouts, the caffeine in Hyde may be an issue. In this instance, consider Mr. Hyde until you become more tolerant.
Is Mr. Hyde a Good Brand?
Overall, Mr. Hyde is a good pre-workout. It is worth noting that the Mr. Hyde name is the product’s name, and the brand is Pro Supps.
Does Mr. Hyde Help You Lose Weight?
Some of the ingredients found in Mr. Hyde have thermogenic properties. However, more than supplementing is needed to encourage significant weight loss. The best method to lose weight is still a good diet and regular exercise.
Is Mr. Hyde Good for Pump?
Mr. Hyde contains two grams of beta-alanine in each serving, which should be adequate for vasodilation and intense pumps while working out.
Having looked at both pre-workouts, it is easy to see why each supplement is so popular and why Pro Supps is such a reputable name in the industry.
These supplements contain good quality ingredients at a good dosage that will yield results. However, Hyde would be the better option if you want to see the best results.