For many people, when they get up in the morning, they are not completely awake. One of the things that can help get them moving is a nice, fresh cup of coffee. The caffeine in coffee has been found to help perk you up and get the day off to a good start. While coffee is a good source of caffeine, there are other great benefits to having a cup or two of coffee everyday as well.
Coffee can be enjoyed either hot or cold in all seasons. You make coffee using coffee beans which are from the coffea berries. The berries are picked, then dried. Once they are dry, they are roasted to the consistency that we know. The coffee beans are packaged in many different formats. They can be packaged as whole beans or as ground beans. Manufacturers of coffee beans review the likes and dislikes of consumers in order to produce them in many different flavors, as well as caffeinated and decaffeinated types. From there, they go off to stores and coffee shops for us to enjoy.
Many people believe that coffee and the caffeine that it contains is just good for giving people the “pick me up” that they need during the day. A cup of coffee in the morning, or when you might be a little sluggish during the day, will certainly give you a temporary boost when needed. While getting that extra burst of energy is certainly one major benefit of drinking coffee, it is not the only help that you can get from moderate coffee drinking.
Research has found that regularly drinking coffee has several health benefits that people may not be aware of. Some of the best health benefits include:
- May improve your level of energy
- May improve your level of physical performance
- May lower your risk of getting Type 2 Diabetes
- May help fight depression
- May help you live a longer life
- May help prevent certain diseases
While coffee is not a magic potion that will cure all diseases or prevent getting any ailments, when taken in moderation, it has some benefits that could be helpful to our overall health. So, as you are drinking your coffee in the morning, don’t be concerned…you may be helping become healthier.
To learn more about coffee and caffeine, and how it may be beneficial to your health, we have assembled a number of useful and informative sources. Feel free to browse them to learn more about coffee.
- The History of Coffee
- Coffee History Page
- A Timeline of the History of Coffee
- Introduction to Coffee Beans
- The Process of Roasting Coffee Beans
- Coffee Arabica Beans
- Harvard Health Overview of Coffee
- What’s the Scoop on Coffee?
- Fun Facts About Coffee
- Caffeine and Your Health
- Effects of Caffeine on the Body
- Caffeine’s Effects on Health
- Is Coffee Harmful to My Health?
- Kids and Coffee: How Safe?
- The Benefits of Drinking Coffee
- The Health Benefits of Coffee
- Health Benefits of Coffee with Nutrition
- Do Coffee Drinkers Live Longer?
- A Healthy Jolt of Java
- Coffee and Health Reviews and Research
- Coffee Consumption and Health
- Coffee Drinking and Your Health
- Using Caffeine Carefully
- Caffeine Information