The cannabis plant consists of a variety of chemical compounds, which are known as cannabinoids and terpenes – both of which produce both physical & mental impacts when consumed. One of the cannabis compounds making headlines these days is Delta 8 – a lesser-known of the 100+ cannabinoids which exist in the hemp plant. However, it is noted that Delta 8 (also referred to as ‘D8’) occurs in only insignificant amounts naturally but is still considered among the more prominent cannabinoids.
Before we get into the nitty gritty, what are our top 10 Delta 8 Tinctures?
- Premium Jane CBG/Delta 8
- Vida Optima – Elev8 Delta 8 1000mg Tincture
- Miracle Leaf Store – Delta-8 THC Tincture 1500mg
- Diamond CBD – Chill Plus Full Spectrum Delta 8 CBD Oil
- NuLeaf Naturals – Full Spectrum Delta 8 THC Oil
- Blue Moon Hemp – Delta 8 Gelcaps
- Delta Effex – Chill, Focus, or Balance Delta-8 Tincture
- CBD Farmhouse – Premium Delta 8 THC Tincture
- 3Chi – Delta 8 Tincture
- Metta Hemp – DELTA-8 THC:CBD 1:1 Hemp Tincture: Full Spectrum
Keep reading for the full story, including a complete rundown of the products!
What is Delta 8?
The National Cancer Institute (NCI) notes that Delta 8 THC is “an analog of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) or Delta 9.” Both have healing properties; however, the NCI further notes that Delta 8 has lower potency in terms of psychotropic effects than its more popular and well-known cousin Delta 9.
Delta 8 THC is most often created from Delta 9 or CBD using a process known as isomerization. It is noted that the production costs for Delta 8 THC are more cost-effective if processed from CBD rather than from Delta 9. Delta 8 can also be created by the degradation of Delta 9 over time naturally in the plant when stored for a long time.
Both Delta 8 and 9 produce similar effects as they have similar chemical structures – with Delta 8 considered more stable than Delta 9. Note that there is only limited research regarding the Delta 8 side effects and the Delta 8 benefits because of its recent arrival as a fan favorite – although many see a massive upside to its healing potentials.
If you are considering using Delta 8, read on to learn the answers to these questions –
- Is Delta 8 THC safe?
- Is Delta 8 THC legal?
- Where is Delta 8 available?
- Is Delta 8 safe for everyone?
- Where is Delta 8 available near me?
How Did We Choose the Delta 8 THC Tincture Products?
Because there are so many Delta 8 oil, tincture, or extract products hitting the market, it can be pretty time-consuming to research each brand, price, and related benefits. The following offers insightful data and information regarding ten Delta 8 extract & tincture options.
Our Delta 8 review process includes these relevant aspects of the Delta 8 product. This Delta 8 review process includes –
- High-quality hemp ingredients with no additives
- Brands that offer transparency by including a Certificate of Analysis online.
- The brand’s reputation – including processes, ingredients, return/shipping policies, and consumer reviews.
Each of the Delta 8 oil and tinctures noted below offers a unique blend or isolation process, which ultimately generates different effects on the body, depending on the consumer and the intended use.
Best Delta 8 Tinctures
Based out of Southern California, Vida Optima offers Elev8, a hemp cannabinoid Delta 8 extract in a 1000mg (or 30 ml) bottle. All hemp products are grown cGMP compliant and grown in Oregon, Kentucky, or Colorado.
- Ingredients Used – Hemp derived Broad Spectrum (with less than .3% Delta 9 TCH) and natural terpenes.
- Unique Features – This Delta 8 Tincture can be used in cooking, taken sublingually, or added to a smoothie/juice.
- All products cGMP certified, ensuring the quality of products and processing. A 20% Subscription Discount is available.
- Only available in one size.
Miracle Leaf Store
Miracle Leaf Store offers a quality Delta 8 THC tincture that is CO2 extracted (which removes microbial bacteria, mold, or insect mites, etc., and GMP approved. Founded in Florida, Miracle Leaf Health Centers only uses hemp products grown and manufactured in the United States.
- Ingredients Used – Hemp Extract w/ Medium Chain Triglycerides of D8 & MCT oil.
- Unique Features – Child-resistant dropper and almost entirely tasteless.
- The product includes 99% of Delta 8 THC with cannabinoids.
- Smallest size available is 1,500 mg.
Chill Plus Full Spectrum Delta 8 contains equal parts of Delta 8 THC and full-spectrum CBD that delivers a true chill experience.
- Ingredients Used – Organically grown hemp extract & MCT Oil.
- Unique Features – Lab tested – 750mg of D8 plus 750mg full-spectrum CBD.
- Orders over $100 are shipped free with 2-day express shipping. Diamond CBD offers a 30-day return policy. Offered in 2 other sizes (1000mg & 2000mg).
- Only available with CBD combo.
NuLeaf Natural, established in Denver, offers a Full Spectrum Delta 8 THC Oil is derived from an extract of the whole plant, with a full spectrum of terpenes and cannabinoids.
- Ingredients Used – Organic Virgin Hemp Seed Oil & Full-spectrum whole plant extract.
- Unique Features – Product designed to enhance the entourage effect.
- NuLeaf Natural’s proprietary extraction process ensures phyto-nutrients (terpenes, essential oils & cannabinoids) remain in the final product.
- Does not ship to certain states.
Blue Moon Hemp
The Delta 8 Gel-caps from Blue Moon Hemp offer a great alternative of quality D8 in the form of gel-caps of 20 mg of Delta 8 per serving.
- Ingredients Used -Palm-derived MCT oil and hemp-derived Delta 8 THC.
- Unique Features – Offers a 20% discount on the first offer and free shipping on orders that exceed $99.
- Hemp-derived with non-detectable THC levels of organically grown hemp.
- Does not ship to certain states and recommended it is refrigerated after opening.
Delta Effex offers a variety of lab-tested Delta 8 tincture products, each designed for a specific result as suggested by its name – Chill, which is Grape-flavored, Balance, which is Tropical Passion Fruit-flavored, or Focus, a spearmint-flavored Delta 8 tincture. Delta Effex has been featured in High Times and dope Magazine.
- Ingredients Used – Natural Hemp Extract, MCT Oil, Hemp seed Oil & Terpenes.
- Unique Features – Terpene-infused Delta 8 Distillate – the type of terpenes that are infused depend on the selected product.
- Subscription discount of 15%.
- Only available in one size.
CBD Farmhouse offers a 1 to 1 combination of Delta 8 and CBD in two strengths and two flavors. Available concentrations include a balanced blend 1:1 of 500mg or a 1:1 1000mg CBD/D8 combo in a natural flavor or peppermint. Offers consumers relaxation and a clear-headed focus.
- Ingredients Used – Full spectrum terpene formulation of both CBD and hemp-derived Delta 8 THC.
- Unique Features – Dosage guide online and lab-tested by 3rd party.
- Created from the purest Delta 8 Distillate.
- Does not ship to certain states.
3Chi offers two Delta 8 tincture options – a D8 THC tincture and a THC: CBN combination tincture – both with 1,200mg. It is derived from legal hemp that has no detectable Delta 9 THC.
- Child-resistant measured dropper.
- Does not ship to certain states.
Metta Hemp is a cannabis company located in Denver, Colorado. They offer a full spectrum combination product that provides a golden ratio of one-to-one of Delta 8 CBD in a natural flavor. Also, available with CBN for a night-time formula.
- Ingredients Used – only two ingredients in Metta Hemp’s Delta 8 THC oil – Hemp Extract & Organic MCT oil.
- Unique Features – free shipping over $50.00
- Offers a powerful combination of two of the cannabis plant’s cannabinoids.
- Consumers will likely not pass a THC drug panel.
Delta 8 vs. Delta 9 THC – What’s the difference?
As noted above, Delta 8 can be created as a Delta 9 isolate – each with psychoactive properties.
Delta 8 benefits include the relief of stress & anxiety. What is beneficial about Delta 8 is that the Delta 8 side effects are considered insignificant compared to those produced by Delta 9. The decreased side effects produced by Delta 8 are because the Delta 8 THC compound interacts with the body’s endocannabinoid receptors differently than its cousin Delta 9 due to Delta 8 and D9’s different C-C (Double Carbon) bonding properties.
Chemically speaking, Delta 8 combines on the compound’s 8th-carbon chain, whereas Delta 9 combines on the 9th-carbon chain. The “Delta” references a double bond of two carbon atoms, with the numerical value indicating the position of that double bond. Despite the differences, each share these properties –
- Antiemetic – helps with vomiting & nausea.
- Anxiolytic – helps with the treatment of anxiety and anxiety-related disorders.
- Appetite-stimulating (Orexigenic) – helps with increasing an individual’s hunger feelings.
- Analgesic – helps with pain relief.
- Neuroprotective properties – helps preserve & protect the structure and function of neurons.
In addition, Delta 8 shows great promise as a sleep-inducing agent, like its cousin Delta 9.
Delta 8’s chemical modification creates a less potent but more appealing version of the less stable version of Delta 9. As such, Delta 8 is available for use by a wider range of cancer patients – especially for those who deal with the side effects created by Delta 9.
Delta 8, CBD Differences
Delta 8 and Delta 9 THC compounds both contain psychoactive properties, whereas CBD – cannabidiol, another cannabinoid compound in the cannabis plant, does NOT. CDB is recognized as an essential component of medical marijuana and the second most prevalent of the cannabis plant’s active ingredients. Cannabidiol is a naturally occurring hemp plant derivative, which is close relative to the marijuana plant.
With regard to Delta 8, CBD differs as it does not create psychoactive effects. This makes CBD a great compound for those individuals who do not want to feel high or stoned. This is the fundamental reason why CBD is often a preferred healing compound by many. However, both Delta 8 and CBD offer these benefits –
- Relief for Pain
- Reduction of Inflammation
- Nausea Reduction
- Alleviation of Anxiety, to name a few.
Comparing Delta 8 & CBD Properties
|Present in Natural Hemp in Low Concentrations||Present in Natural Hemp in High Concentrations|
|Primarily Interacts with Endocannabinoid System’s CB1 Receptors||Indirectly binds to the Endocannabinoid System’s CB1 and CB2 Receptors|
|Can Show Up on Drug Panel/Test||Typically, it Will Not Show Up on Drug Panel/Test|
What are the Effects of Delta 8?
Delta 8 THC, like Delta 9 THC, is said to reduce nausea, stimulate one’s appetite, and relieve pain, but without the more potent psychotropic impacts of Delta 9 THC. It is also noted that evidence suggests that it is longer lasting than other cannabinoid compounds.
- Will Delta-8 Get You High?
As everyone is different, some Delta 8 consumers may feel a little high, but it is better defined as a relaxed state of being. It is noted that some Delta 8 side effects may be reduced as a user can build up a tolerance with consistent, high-dose use.
Because Delta-8 THC offers a less potent version of the Delta 9 effects, Delta 8 benefits are received without Delta 9’s paranoia or anxiety-producing side effects.
- Is Delta 8 Safe?
There is only one established way to confirm a chemical compound’s safety profile. This is done through clinical/randomized controlled trials. During the past five decades, more than 190 cannabinoid peer-reviewed academic papers have been published. Perhaps the most cited study was one from the 1990s in which eight pediatric oncology patients were given Delta 8, and only 2 of the eight patients experiencing any side effects from D8 at all.
Preliminary data suggests that the answer to the question – is Delta 8 THC safe? – is a cautious yes, with more in-depth studies needed to vet out short and long-term impacts of the various ways Delta 8 can be consumed.
- Is Delta 8 Legal?
The Delta 8 THC legal status is somewhat unique and a bit convoluted. Because Delta 8 is extracted from the hemp plant, its legality is best described as not recognized as legal or illegal. This is because the Farm Bill prohibits the use of Delta 9 THC but does not mention Delta 8. Essentially this creates a legal loophole with regard to the Delta 8 THC legal status.
From a technical, legal perspective, the primary psychotropic cannabinoid in the marijuana plant is Delta 9 THC, a Controlled Substance, according to the Controlled Substances Act (CSA) of 1970. However, the passage of the 2018 Farm Bill changed hemp policy at the federal level, as follows –
- Eliminating hemp from the Controlled Substances Act and
- The consideration of the hemp plant as an agricultural product.
The 2018 bill legalized hemp with specific restrictions, and further defined hemp as the plant species known as Cannabis sativa L. – specifically with a Delta 9 THC of < 0.3% of dry weight.
Because of Delta 8’s resemblance to the structure of Delta 9, the Delta 8 THC legal status is complicated. The confusion surrounding the answer to – Is Delta 8 legal? – is due to the fact that there are two broad varieties of the cannabis plant –
- Hemp, which is legal, and
- Marijuana, which is NOT legal at the federal level, primarily due to its high Delta 9 THC content.
The reality is that hemp-derived Delta 8 THC tincture and other products – that contain < 0.3% of Delta 9 THC are legal in all 50 states.
The following offers a detailed look at ten Delta 8 Extract and Tincture options that include this THC compound.